Montville Image #1.jpg

Select Board 

Select Board meetings will be held online via Zoom until further notice. Please use the Zoom link below for all future Select Board Meetings. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82556194561?pwd=bitoTStBaC85M01GVnphUDNnRS90dz09

The Select Board meets Mondays at 6:30 pm. 

Last Weeks Minutes:

Montville Select Board Meeting – July 12, 2021

Present: Cathy Roberts (1st Selectperson); Bob LeRoy (2nd Selectperson); Sharon Hibbard (3rd Selectperson); Hannah Hatfield (Administrative Assistant); Richard Peavey (Road Commissioner); Jon Thornhill (Road Subcontractor), Bill Berlinghoff (Resident)

 

  1. Call Meeting to Order: 6:30PM

  2. Acceptance of Agenda: Approved

  3. Acceptance of Minutes of July 7, 2021: Approved

  4. Open to the Public: Bill Berlinghoff asked about the discontinued status and measurements of the end of Hannan Rd. Hannah to do research on the measurements and what the stipulations of the discontinuance is. And will report back to Bill.

  5. Treasurer’s Warrants: Warrant Preview #28: 10,741.00 (AP); Warrant #27: $8,818.15 (AP); Warrant #28: $2,752.17 (PR). Signed.

  6. Roads: Richard reported that there was storm damage to a few roads. Nothing impassible. Work is getting done to repair these. Lots of roads need gravel and ditching.  Select Board asked Richard to come up with a clear priority list including: roads to target; what work to be done; equipment needed; and estimates of labor material and equipment costs. This list is to include what can be done within the current budget and also what needs to be done moving forward with subsequent budgets. Richard to provided this to the board in the next 2 weeks.

  7. Email transition: Sharon suggested that the Board merge accounts so that all the historic and current information would be accessible to all 3 board members. Hannah to call Aaron at Archangel to see how to upload archival emails onto a new account.

  8. Appeals Board: Hannah to write up Appointment description.

  9. Transport of Recycling: Board is still looking for a hauler to take recyclables to UARRC in Thorndike. Jodie to include the following in the website: “Price is negotiable. Give us a quote”

  10. Compactor Site Prep Plans: Bob LeRoy will contact Josh at DM&J to coordinate compactor site plans.  

  11. Compactor Lease agreement: Hannah to fill out forms needed to complete the lease agreement.

  12. 2021 Tax Commitment: Select Board Signed 2021 Tax Commitment. Bills to be printed and stuffed on Tuesday. New mil rate is 21.1 Last year’s mil rate was 20.9.

  13. Select Board voted, unanimously, to pay bonuses to the 4 Transfer Station workers who helped with Roll-Off day.

  14. Emergency Management Ordinance: Sharon will get and share a letter to the editor on Village Soup, regarding this ordinance. Board looks to address all points of concern that have been brought forward.

  15.  Hannah to look into Hazard Mitigation grants.

  16. Jon reported that the pigeons in the sand shed are creating a health/safety. Hannah to contact residents who have experience in pigeon management.

  17. Motion to Adjourn: 8:00PM

 

Respectfully submitted by Hannah Hatfield

 

Contact emails:

Cathy Roberts, 1st Selectperson/Assessor montville1st@fairpoint.net

Bob LeRoy, 2nd Selectperson/Assessor montville2nd@fairpoint.net

Sharon Hibbard, 3rd Selectperson/Assessor montville3rd@fairpoint.net

Jodie Martin, Town Clerk tcmontville@fairpoint.net

Terry Fischer, Tax Collector/Treasurer trmontville@fairpoint.net

Hannah Hatfield, Administrative Assistant to the Select Board montville@fairpoint.net

 

TOWN WEBSITE: www.montvillemaine.org

 

 

Montville Select Board Meeting – July 7, 2021

Present: Cathy Roberts (1st Selectperson); Bob LeRoy (2nd Selectperson); Sharon Hibbard (3rd Selectperson); Hannah Hatfield (Administrative Assistant); Karen York (Fire Department)

 

  1. Call Meeting to Order: 6:35 PM

  2. Acceptance of Agenda: Accepted

  3. Acceptance of Minutes of June 28, 2021: Accepted

  4. Treasurer’s Warrants: Warrant Preview #27: $8,818.15 (AP); Warrant #26: $8,705.00 (AP); Warrant #27: $5,059.08 (PR). Signed.

  5. Roll-off: Bob established that Drew will be able to work Saturday of Roll-off Day, and Drew’s son can work on Sunday. Sharon will ask her sons if they can help. Need to make sure the age of employees who are working is within mandates. BDS Waste Disposal has put us on the schedule and will call when they have a slot for us to pick up tires. The cost to the town (and to all residents) is $3 (passenger car/truck tires) and $15 (tractor/ big truck tires). Cathy reported that Richard has given Jon Thornhill permission to use his equipment to tamp down garbage into the containers. Bob will connect with Jon about when he will be there. Cathy will let Brad know that the hours of Roll-off are 8-4. Joe from Freedom will be there with the compactor truck on Saturday, for household garbage, but will not be there on Sunday - Hannah will send out email informing folks about this. Sharon spoke with Jeff at the recycling center about the amount and delivery of electronic equipment. Hannah will get starter money and poster to let people know the prices. Sharon will get drinking water for workers. Select Board will consider issuing bonusing to Brad and Peter for their work at Roll-off.

  6. Commitment Letter: Cathy is working on a draft. Hannah will find last year’s letter and send to Board. Topics listed for this year’s letter: Reval, SWCBC Survey, Intent to Build form, Personal Property declarations, Special Town Meeting and Field Day. Karen offered that Staples or Images may be able to print and stuff the tax bills for a nominal price. Hannah to find out prices. If we print and stuff the bills ourselves none of the Select Board members are able to stuff bills for the whole day. Karen may be available. Hannah to ask Bob Price and Jay LeGore if they can help.

  7. Commitment: Board would like to meet with Amy Dunn (assessing agent) at 5PM on Monday to finalize the overlay amount and mil rate, as well as certifying the commitment. Hannah to email Amy about that timing.

  8. Cemetery plot: Board decided to allow the purchase of a plot in an unused area of Foster-Carter Cemetery (as per Title 13§1386). Unanimous. Montville will charge $50.00 for the 4’ x 6’ plot to be used for interment or cremations only. And will create a policy for further requests. Hannah to ask Cemetery Committee to make an estimate of how much space there is in town cemeteries, that could be available to residents.

  9. Deed/title work for gravel pits: Board decided to have Atty. Marden do the title search, and decided to purchase title insurance, for the gravel pit parcels. Unanimous. Hannah to inform Atty. Marden.

  10. Jeff at UARRC reported to the town that recycling revenue is increasing. #2 plastic is now at $2,000.00/ton when 3 months ago it was at $1250.00-$1300.00!

  11. Adjourn: 7:45 PM

 

 

Respectfully submitted by Hannah Hatfield

 

Contact emails:

Cathy Roberts, 1st Selectperson/Assessor montville1st@fairpoint.net

Bob LeRoy, 2nd Selectperson/Assessor montville2nd@fairpoint.net

Sharon Hibbard, 3rd Selectperson/Assessor montville3rd@fairpoint.net

Jodie Martin, Town Clerk tcmontville@fairpoint.net

Terry Fischer, Tax Collector/Treasurer trmontville@fairpoint.net

Hannah Hatfield, Administrative Assistant to the Select Board montville@fairpoint.net

 

TOWN WEBSITE: www.montvillemaine.org

Montville Select Board Meeting – June 28, 2021

Present: Cathy Roberts (1st Selectperson); Bob LeRoy (2nd Selectperson); Sharon Hibbard (3rd Selectperson); Hannah Hatfield (Administrative Assistant); Terry Fischer (Treasurer/Tax Collector); Richard Peavey (Road Commissioner); John and Karen York (Fire Department); Jon Thornhill (Road Contractor); Bob Price (Resident)

 

  1. Call Meeting to Order: 6:30 PM

  2. Acceptance of Agenda: Approved

  3. Acceptance of Minutes of June 21, 2021: Approved

John York asked if the draft minutes could always be sent to all officials. Select Board had decided last week that draft minutes would be sent to all officials that attended the meeting, or whose department was discussed. Select Board plans to keep this practice as is for now.

  1. Open to the Public: Bob Price reported that he has the mobile speed limit sign and is ready to set it up on Center Rd. Is planning to position it near 543 Center Rd. Bob and Sharon will see if there is a way to access data from the sign, regarding traffic speeds. Bob P. also reported that a resident noticed that the staff at the transfer station did not get up to help this resident, who had a quite a bit of garbage/recyclables. Resident also noticed that the staff were not paying attention to whether there were stickers on bags or not. These complaints will be discussed with attendants. 

John Y. wondered if the Board has , instead of buying a dump truck.

Bob P. is working on the for the garage.

  1. Treasurer’s Warrants: Warrant Preview #26: $8,705.00 (AP); Warrant #25: $5,395.98 (AP); Warrant #26: $3325.38 Run 1 $$3,172.00 Run 2 (PR). Signed.

  2. Roads Check-in: Richard reported that there has been a lot of screening gravel this week, because we only have the rented loader for another week. There has not been grading going on recently, because it is so dry. Calcium may have to be spread. Richard got a quote for $10,000.00 for cutting the trees, in the right of way on North Ridge Rd from Hannan Rd to Rt 3. This quote includes taking the trees/chips. Richard will get other quotes and also prices on renting a machine to do it. Jon Thornhill suggested that the town include a budget line for brushing in next year’s warrant. Cathy to contact Waldo County Woodshed, to see if they want any of the wood. Hannah to ask Pete Coughlan from DOT about rights of land owners to cut wood in right of way. Richard stated that he may have to forego hammering ledge at this time to focus on building up the Choate Rd from the Rt 173 end. Board asked Richard to report back on what equipment will be needed for the gravel pits. Hannah to get bids for winter sand ready. Asking for 2500 yards with an option to buy more. The Selectboard requested a prioritized list of roads to work on, from Richard.

  3. Diesel – Tracking and scheduling (PW/MVFR): Richard will contact Dead River if we need deliveries of more than 150 gallons. John asked for the town tank to be full enough so that the town would not run out of diesel. He reported that, in the event of an emergency, gas stations may not have the ability to pump diesel. Hannah to look up what the Dead River contract has as emergency filling services. Karen to provide the Board with the county recommendations of how much diesel to have on hand. Bob L asked John to price another tank, or a larger one. Karen reported that Freedom general has had issues with their billing, and will be getting a Terry an unconventional invoice for fuel and other purchases this period.

  4. Broadband Coalition update: The Select Board will send a letter to County Commissioners in support of SWCBC.

  5. Gravel Pit purchase update: Walter Lamont is being paid this week for the stumpage removed from the gravel pits. Full payment for the purchase of the gravel pits will be made after commitment. Hannah to contact Atty Marden about assisting in the transfer.

  6. Aging Well in Waldo – At Home: Hannah to forward John the link for services that may be helpful for emergency management purposes.

  7. Intent to Build form: Form needs to include mention of Road Entrance Notification requirements and plumbing permits that may also be required. Hannah to re-type this. Board decided that the Intent to Build reporting will be retrospective from April 1, 2021. The late fee will not be enforced until March 31, 2022. Unanimous. This information will be included on the tax bill letter.

  8. Board structure: Cathy suggested the Board consider focusing on a “pressing” topic for a designated amount of time and then prioritize other items on the agenda, some of which may have to be discussed at the next meeting. The Board’s weekly meetings are often over 2 hours long. She also suggested meeting a half hour earlier when needed.

  9. Harris/TRIO sketching module: Amy Dunn (assessing agent) requested that the town purchase the TRIO Sketching Module for $1500.00. This module allows for the assessors, and the public to see sketches of building foot prints on the property tax cards. Amy stated that this purchase is included in the $7000.00 that was appropriated for the revaluation this year. Bob L made a motion to sign on to the sketching module. Motion was not seconded and failed. Tabled to research map options, and sketching at the same time. To be addressed after commitment.

  10. Commitment/assessing update: Commitment is scheduled for July 12.

  11. Recycling trailer: Board asked Hannah to put a wanted ad for a box trailer 20x8x6.5 (ish) out on craigslist, Facebook Marketplace and Uncle Henry’s. Bob P offered to haul recyclables to UARRC on occasion, but not generally. The Board is looking to fill this job as soon as possible.  Rates are negotiable. 

  12. Demo Day set up: The Board is having difficulty finding people to work at Roll-Off. Hannah, Bob Price, Bob LeRoy and Sharon Hibbard, volunteered to work some over the weekend. Cathy will likely be out of Town. John will ask if anyone on the MVFR is willing to work it. Bob L to ask Richard about using or renting equipment to compact the garbage into the containers. Call the Town office if you are interested in working.

  13. Compactor: Board agreed to Lease Agreement with Gorham Savings Bank for $36,000.00 over 5 years, for the Transfer station Compactor. Unanimous. Signed. Bob L will be the point person for site prep. Hannah to connect Bob with Josh, from DM&J.

  14. John reported that Karen had given Hannah an annual Electronic Filing Acknowledgement for the Montville Volunteer Fire & Rescue, INC. This is for Nonprofit Corporations dated as of December 31, 2020.

  15. Budget Committee meeting review: Karen reported that the BC was interested in comparing the past few years’ budgets for analysis, and considering options for presenting information to the public. BC is interested in the County and School budget processes, and how they each impact the town. BC is requesting regular reports from treasurer.

  16. Next Select Board meeting will be Wednesday July 7 at 6:30.

  17. Motion to Adjourn: 8:45 PM

 

Respectfully submitted by Hannah Hatfield

 

Contact emails:

Cathy Roberts, 1st Selectperson/Assessor montville1st@fairpoint.net

Bob LeRoy, 2nd Selectperson/Assessor montville2nd@fairpoint.net

Sharon Hibbard, 3rd Selectperson/Assessor montville3rd@fairpoint.net

Jodie Martin, Town Clerk tcmontville@fairpoint.net

Terry Fischer, Tax Collector/Treasurer trmontville@fairpoint.net

Hannah Hatfield, Administrative Assistant to the Select Board montville@fairpoint.net

 

TOWN WEBSITE: www.montvillemaine.org

Select Board Meeting Minutes 

 

The Town Of Montville was Established in 1807

Select Board 

1st Select Person: Bob Price

2nd Select Person: Cathy Roberts

3rd Select Person: Bob LeRoy

The Select Board can be reached at 342-5543

Administrative Assistant: 

Hannah Hatfield

342-5543
montville@fairpoint.net

Monday in Office Hours: 1:00 pm - 9:00pm 

Wednesday in Office Hours: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm

Friday in Office Hours: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm

Forest Path